Sunday, January 15, 2012

A kind note about my Sanskrit page

Namaste, 

Before I started this blog and adopted the screen name of Bahu of Bengal, I maintained a web site on India and Hinduism on Yahoo! Geocities.  After Yahoo! Geocities closed, I got a dedicated web site http://merabharatmahanonline.com, but didn't update it.  I had practically forgotten about it.

Saraswati - in her lowered hand, she is holding the Vedas
Recently, I received this nice note from a teacher who did a unit on world cultures on my Sanskrit page:

Hello there, My name is A ___ and I'm a teacher for some lovely students out at a charter school out in Northern California. I hope I'm not a bother, but I just wanted take the time to send you a quick thank you note on behalf of my class and myself for providing the resources on your site (http://merabharatmahanonline.com/sanskrit.htm). They just completed a "Cultures around the World" project and your page was such a great reference for their assignment, so from all of us, thank you! 


As a small token of our appreciation, we thought we'd send along another helpful site that one of my students actually came across: http://languageshome.com/ It has a plethora of Indian language resources from Hindi to Awadhi, and was so great in teaching my students to basics of the different languages. Just thought it could be helpful to other students as well.


And if you wouldn't mind adding it to your other resources, I'd love to show my student who went above and beyond to find the site that her work was appreciated (maybe a little extra credit). Let me know what you think. Thanks again. And I hope you have a wonderful holiday! 


Sincerely, Mrs. H___' class

No comments: