Thursday, March 15, 2007

Homegrown terrorists

A good article from Sulekha on the changing tactics of terrorism: Terror 'outsourced' in India.

Terrorist groups are relying more on native Indians to carry out terrorist attacks using crudely assembled bombs, whereas previous attacks were carried out by Afghan mercenaries or Pakistanis who used sophisticated weaponry.

Below is a map of terrorism in India that I created:


terrorism tagged map by user - Tagzania

I invite readers to make this map more complete by registering with Tagzania and tagging locations of terrorist attacks with "terrorism" and "India." I also request that readers identify source URLs for your information as documentation under Resources.

2 comments:

Guru Hardcore said...

Hi,
Not sure when you wrote this but I've just come back to give living in India a shot after 17 years in the US. This is the land where saints have walked and continue to walk in the millions but here is the catch. It is also unbelievably treacherous and full of deciet. I am not sure what to make of it and am now even more confused that I was when I was in Fairfax. Do you have any wisdom to share?
Pari.

Guru Hardcore said...

Hi,
I came back to try living in India last May after nearly 17 years in the US (Fairfax, VA). What I love about it is the vibrant spiritual energy. But besides that I have found Indians to be more shallow that Americans, full of treachery and deciet. I am very confused with a country that values Nike and McDonalds more than the simple safron cloth that symobilizes its essence. I am confused by teenagers and young adults who don't know the meaning of some very basic elements of our culture or are worst still not even aware of them. Do you have any wisdom for me? I am more confused than before :).
Pari