Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Bahu of Bengal: Bengali and Devanagari scripts

And here are more graphics of Bengali and Devanagari scripts compared, complete with transliteration or romanization using the International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration (IAST). See The Bahu of Bengal: Bengali and Devanagari scripts ('via Blog this'):

Vowels

Consonants

Sibilants

I am taking the online course Introduction to Sanskrit offered by the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies.  Here are a couple of tools that I use to augment my study:

Google Input Tools. (n.d.). Retrieved May 24, 2018, from https://www.google.com/inputtools/
Google Input Tools makes it easy to type in the language you choose. I installed language packs for Sanskrit and Bengali , which I used to create the graphics above.
Transliteration Tool. (n.d.). Retrieved May 24, 2018, from https://www.ashtangayoga.info/sanskrit/transliteration/transliteration-tool/
The Transliteration Tool enables you to enter text in Devanagari and transliterate it into IAST. I use it to cross-check my homework.

No comments: