Thursday, August 22, 2024

Bias at the BBC

 This lady is Samira Hussain, South Asia correspondent to the BBC. She recently gave a report on “false” videos on the plight of Bangladeshi Hindus.

Here's the email that I sent to Ms. Hussain. 

Hello from the United States of America. My local radio station WAMU 88.5 broadcasts the BBC World Service overnight and the BBC Newshour in the mornings.

I listened to your report on “false” videos on the plight of Bangladeshi Hindus with interest and ultimately concern. Your report was intended to minimize the plight of Bangladeshi Hindus. While you did have a throwaway line that Bangladeshi Hindus were being persecuted, that is not enough. You should give a report on what Hindus are suffering in Bangladesh, rather than a report on “false” videos.

I have copied the BBC World Service on this email. I have also copied organizations and individuals that might help you put together a report on the plight of Bangladeshi Hindus.

Those copied on the email were:

Not surprisingly, Ms. Hussain did not respond to my email. Of those who were copied on this email, only Richard Benkin, a longtime advocate for Bangladeshi Hindus, replied. He wrote:

I'm heading out to Bengal soon. Things are horrible there for Hindus who are facing an existential threat.

No comments: